Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie

I loved the idea in the movie Julie & Julia of taking a cookbook and trying out every single recipe.  As I have said before, cooking for my family had become a chore, so making such a goal sounded a little more intellectually stimulating than what I had been doing previously.

I decided in January of last year to tackle my collection of Disney cookbooks.  I have all of the books that they have put out with recipes from their theme parks.  (I really had no interest in their cookbooks with "cutsie" themed recipes that go with their movies, etc., just the recipes from the fabulous restaurants at their parks.)  I've probably plowed through about 2/3rd of most of the books now, and will post some of my favorites later.  In the mean time, I was trying to come up with a new challenge, and I think that I found one Dorie Greenspan's website.  

I joined a bit too late to start this Tuesday, but I will be participating in the Tuesdays with Dorie baking group.  This time around, they will be tackling Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking with Julia: Savor the Joys of Baking with America's Best Bakers. You can check out the group website here.  This week the group is working on the recipe for Chocolate Truffle Tartlets.  One of the hostesses, Spike, has posted the recipe here.  The next round of posting will be for the March 6th recipe for Rugelach.  I hope you check out my post about it, then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment